B1 was honored to have John Nemeth in class this week. John talked about vocal techniques, songwriting and also stressed the importance of knowing how to play the melody of any song you're working on. He played harmonica and sang fine examples to demonstrate his points. Thanks to John and all who came out to support him -- CD sales were fantastic! It was a great night.
The Special 20s Live Recording!
Our own Morry Sochat and The Special 20s are recording live at the Horseshoe this Friday, May 1. Be sure to turn out to support him and his all-star band, and help them make the recording a huge success. Visit the gig calendar in the right column for more details.
- Shoji is now offering custom play-along tracks for purchase and download at the YOU MISSED MONDAY!!! site (near the bottom of this page). Please note that these jam tracks are sold individually to help harmonica players practice. Any unauthorized duplication, distribution, and sales of these tracks following any purchases is strictly prohibited. Please respect this request. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Joe's additional Level III class has been approved and will begin June 22. This class will meet from 12:30-1:50 on Mondays.
- Shoji would like to have everyone play "Welcome Table" at the recital May 22. If you learned a part, keep practicing it so you'll be ready. Bass harmonica players should touch base with Shoji to let him know if you can be there. We'll run through it once in class as the recital date nears.
- Please help eliminate the dreaded "chrome forest" after Level III. Carry the music stands out into the hall before the Level IV class begins.
- Remember to be working on your talking blues contest entry. Your chance to win a Filisko harmonica coming this summer!
The newsletter and more is now online! Check it out for further info on newsletter items, an ongoing calendar of local gigs and birthdays, archives, links, videos and special features.
We welcome your input. If you're inspired to write a review of a live show, CD, DVD or book, please submit it to us for consideration.
- Grant Kessler, B1 Blues Crew