Recital Rehearsal, Part II
Another great recital rehearsal and a very memorable Joe Filisko/Jeff Reynolds performance! The 12th Old Town Blues Harmonica recital is this Friday, May 22 at the Harlem Avenue Lounge at 7:30pm.
- Joe passed out his "Recital Checklist". Consult it often before the recital so that you're ready to "imitate a professional musician" onstage.
- Be early to the recital! Professional musicians are at gigs at least an hour prior to showtime. Remember too that all your harp friends have put as much effort as you have into being prepared to play onstage -- stick around to support them!
- If you're scheduled for the recital but suddenly can't be there, make every effort to get a message to Joe.
- "Welcome Table" to be performed at 9:00pm -- practice your part and memorize it so you don't need sheet music on stage. (Tablature and song here: Welcome Table)
- "Soul Finger" to be performed at 10:45pm -- practice and know your part. It is also important to know the song form so you know when to come in. This is going to be a great performance, so polish your part! (Tablature here: Soul Finger; info on the Bar-Kays song, "Soul Finger")
- NO CLASS NEXT WEEK -- Happy Memorial Day!
- Buy and download Shoji jam tracks at youmissedmonday.com (scroll to the bottom).
- Joe's additional Level III class has been approved and will begin June 22. This class will meet from 12:30-1:50 on Mondays.
The newsletter and more is now online! Check it out for further info on newsletter items, an ongoing calendar of local gigs and birthdays, archives, links, videos and special features.
We welcome your input. If you're inspired to write a review of a live show, CD, DVD or book, please submit it to us for consideration.
- Grant Kessler, B1 Blues Crew