Filisko's B1 Survival Guide!!!
Joe's been putting energy into improving his teaching skills to help you and he's put together the B1 Survival Guide which is a handout full of wisdom about improving as a harmonica player.
Get yours in person from Joe and apply yourself! Here are a few highlights:
- Listen to the reference recordings! One week without listening to the recording is a lack of practice!
- Don't confuse practice and playing. It's ok to "just play", but don't look puzzled that you're not improving.
- The three P's Joe's developing here are Play, Practice and Perform. Learn the features of a strong performance and work toward doing that more. What songs in your repertoire are songs you "own" and "sell" when you perform them, and which songs are still just "play" songs because you're struggling and don't have a command of them? Learn the difference and move some of your "play" songs into the "perform" category!
Hohner had a terrific time at the National Association of Music Merchants show in January and has this report: Hohner.
It's up to you whether you roll the dice with the Translate button, but hey, allow me to get some use out of my college degree and I'll help you with the Thunderbird segment:
"A new dimension in low tone!Regardless of the language you speak, Thunderbirds rock!
The Marine Band Thunderbird combines new developments from market leader Hohner with an innovative cover plate design, inspired by the work of the world's most important harmonica customizer, Joe Filisko."
- Announcing! The next B1 Harmonica Recital at the Harlem Avenue Lounge will be May 12, 2012. Save the date and start working on your performance material.
- Announcement Number 2! We have a date, location and headliner for our 5th Annual Chicago Blues Harp Bash! Sugar Ray Norcia will headline, backed by the Billy Flynn band and it all happens at SPACE on September 30, 2012!
We're an Old School Blues trio looking for Harp/Vocalist. Practice once a week gigs to follow. Have rehearsal space and PA. Little Walter, Jr Wells, Muddy, Butterfield, F King, BB King, William Clark, J Harman, West Coast,, etc. NW Burbs.
Thanks a bunch,
Kelsy Harbor Blues Band
- Grant Kessler, B1 Blues Crew