Getting your rhythm down solid has never been easier because there are so many cool tools out there for you to work with! And RickEy set up the "big screen" in class last night to do a solid walk through demo of all the moving parts and settings in ReadRhythm, the program for your iPhone or iPad that he spent some time on last week. This was a deeper dive into an incredible program, so get it downloaded and get to work!
Other resources you might want to look into:
- Progressive Steps To Syncopation for the Modern Drummer is not so modern-looking, but it IS the bible for rhythmic training, if you like paper rather than all these apps and digital tools. (And being a drummer is optional - still a valuable book for anyone working on rhythm.)
- BlueStacks.com - this is a desktop-based program that lets you run any Android or IOS app on your desktop machine - possible workaround to run ReadRhythm if you're not an Apple owner.
- NotateMe - this is an incredible app available for Android and IOS that translates your chicken scratched notation into standard musical notation. If you are writing music and want to get it down on paper or outputted as a MIDI file, this is for you! Not a cheap app at $29, this is powerful - or, choose NotateMeNow for a lightweight free version.
- Joe will miss one more week, Monday, April 20th. Private lessons will not take place but all Level III and Performance classes will proceed as normal with sub help from Zoe, Grant and Shoji.
- Grant Kessler, B1 Blues Crew