Shoji is back from his Japan tour and walked us through an I'm Ready listening session last night, playing a bunch of other versions that contain harmonica.
- Carey Bell, from the album Blues Harp
- Carey Bell (possibly?) from a live Maxwell Street recording - cool chrome solo, whoever it is
- Golden Big Wheeler, playing both chromatic and diatonic
- Little Mack Simmons, from Somewhere On Down the Line with some heavy piano; sounds like the vocalists shouts out "Charles" to cue the piano, so we're guessing Barrelhouse Chuck on this one
- Kenny Neal, from Blues Falling Down in second position on the diatonic
- "Lonesome" Jimmy Lee Robinson with Madison Slim blowing harp in third position on diatonic
Learn by listening! Seek out some of these versions and hear how they vary from the original.
- This session's recording date is Monday, February 22.
- Amp for sale: Tom Gilmore has a '59 Bassman Reissue for sale. Email him if you're interested.
- Grant Kessler, B1 Blues Crew