We spent a lot of time Monday with folks rehearsing their beginnings and endings. It is critical to have these parts of your performance tight - the opening sets the stage for the band to be together and the ending hits the audience with the impression you have your act together! If you're still unsure of your count off or ending, be sure to practice at home and be ready to run through them in class again next week. That is great use of class time and the band fully supports this kind of rehearsal to get you ready for Final Take on May 1.
And know also that if someone else in the band with you can count off more accurately for you, don't be afraid to let that happen. Starting together is the goal, any way you can get there.
- Final Take recording this time around is on May 1. Note that Grant is away next week, so be sure to have a copy of your song chart to hand to Joe so he can support you.
- Shout out to our Brazilian friend Indiara S. Horst who joined us in Level III Monday and performed. Thanks for visiting B1, and if you missed her, go see her at the Harmonica Meetup tonight!
- Heads up that YMM will not publish next week - editor will be "gone fishin'"!
- Plan ahead - Dennis Gruenling will be a special class guest Monday, June 12.
- Grant Kessler, B1 Blues Crew